Writing a five page essay is no easy feat. It requires a great deal of time to think, research, outline, write, and edit. This article is particularly designed for students who need effective and time saving tips on how to finish a 5 page essay fast.
A five page essay is usually a product of detailed and sufficient information. This automatically means that a common challenge is to organize and handle information overload. The study Information Overload: Causes, Consequences and Remedies reports that too much information contributes to a brain freeze or fatigue that makes users lose or miss valuable information. Let’s focus on how to deal with a 5 page essay effectively. If you wonder how to write a 5 page essay and meet the toughest deadline, we’ve got you covered.
How Long Does it Usually Take to Write a 5 Page Paper?
Well, the answer varies. The average time taken to write a five page paper is about 10 – 48 hours. If you’re a skilled and know-it-all paper writer, chances are you can get the job done faster.
However, you should be mindful of factors that play a crucial role. Factors like complexity of the topic, research methods, organization, and writing skills. All that influences the time taken to finish a five page paper.
In this guide, we will show you how to write a five page paper in 12 hours yourself without hitting custom writers with the write my paper for me message. If you follow these steps correctly, you will become good at writing quickly and smartly and be on your way to scoring A+ marks. Read on!
To give you an idea of what we want to teach, here is a quick breakdown of the time allocation for each step of writing. Usually, the writing process is divided into three steps:
- pre writing,
- post writing.
If you wonder how long does it take to write a 5 page paper, keep in mind that each of these steps has smaller processes. We’ve summarized this list in such a way that each step has specific time attached to it.
✏ Pre Writing – 8 hours
- Brainstorming – 2 hours
- Outlining – 1 hour
- Research – 5 hours
✏ Writing – 3 hours
- Title – 20 minutes
- Introduction – 10 minutes
- Body – 2 hours
- Conclusion – 20 minutes
✏ Post Writing – 2 hours thirty minutes
- Rewriting/editing – one hour
- Proof reading – one hour
- Formatting – thirty minutes
#1 Pre Writing Tips
- Concentrate. Start by creating a schedule for your paper. Copy the schedule above and paste it somewhere you can see it. For example, on your mirror or on the wall close to your table. Stick to the time allocated to each process and focus on turning off all forms of distraction when you work.
- Brainstorm. Brainstorming stretches your imagination and thinking capacity. Effective brainstorming also saves time by reducing the time you have to pause to think in the writing process. Do these:
Brainstorm in a relaxed but not too relaxed position. You can decide to take a walk as you think about the topic. Remember to brainstorm with a pen and pad to make notes. Ask yourselves questions about the topic. These questions may include:
✪ What meaning does the topic have for you?
✪ What is the purpose of writing on such a topic?
✪ What are the real challenges of writing on this topic?
✪ What are the likely solutions to these challenges?
✪ How long to write a 5 page paper?
✪ Has this topic been written by others? How did they go about it?
✪ What unique angle/perspective do you intend to use?
✪ What are your resources and research materials?
- Outline. An outline is a framework that helps give your paper a definition. An effective outline acts as a landmark that gives your work direction. It also helps you know when you derail and need to get back in line. You should remember that you can make as many outlines as possible until you are satisfied. A solid outline also helps you cope with the task on time without any extra help from custom writing agencies dealing with write my essay now requests.
How to Manage Information Overload
- Start from the bottom up. Start your research from the ‘easiest’ sources, then pass to the ‘hardest’ sources. For example, start by interviewing and discussing your topic with your lecturers, colleagues, and friends. Their opinions will have an impact on defining your essay.
Note their suggestions and references on paper and use them as a guide when researching. Next, you can go ahead to research online for journals and articles, then check libraries for print journals and articles, and magazines.
- Inventory. Make an inventory of every research you make. Note the date, the site, and the result of the information obtained. This will prevent you from going in circles and also help you organize your bibliography in the end.
- Omit. It is not possible to use every bit of information you come across. You will have to ignore/omit some. How do you know which to omit?
You can decide to ignore information according to a timeline. For example, you can consider articles that are more than ten years behind, five years behind, or according to your desired timeline. You can ignore information that doesn’t strengthen the aim of your topic or doesn’t make your 5 page research paper more credible.. You can consider information that may raise answerable questions.
- Check authenticity. How authentic is your information? These days there is a lot of information on the Internet, and it is increasingly hard to filter truth from lies. Do these:
- Only stick to trusted websites. You can get such websites from your lecturers and colleagues.
- Verify information by cross-referencing with the other sources.
#2 Writing Tips
✍ Title. Your titles should be relevant to the essay. Titles are usually short summaries of the thesis statement.
✍ Introduction. Make your introduction to the subject matter in question. Your introduction should contain your thesis statement.
✍ Body. It is made up of a series of supporting paragraphs. Depending on the font size and line spacing, a five page paper is likely to have about 5-8 supporting paragraphs. Make paragraphs for each point, and make sure you put the best points forward.
✍ Conclusion. Conclude by restating your thesis statement. If there are results of findings, summarise them. You can also conclude by giving a call to action to your readers. You can do so by suggesting materials for further reading.
#3 Post Writing Tips
- Rewriting. It makes your paper compact and precise. The more you rewrite, the better your essay becomes. A fast way to rewrite is to read aloud to yourself and make changes as you read. Hearing your work read aloud makes it easier to detect errors and see better writing methods.
- Proofread. Check for grammar errors, misspellings, and punctuation errors. Also, check for typos. It is a good idea to resort to a professional who can notice every little mistake in a paper. Besides, it saves your time.
- Formatting. Font type, font size, and line spaces are important factors to consider when formatting your work. A particular assignment requires a particular style of formatting. If you tend to write an essay quickly, you’re welcome to different online generators for free. Or our writing agency is at your service at any time you wish.
Now you know these tips, you are ready to put them into practice and get great results! Good luck!
How long does it take to write 5 pages?
The time needed to produce 5 pages varies depending on a range of factors. First of all, it is directly related to the writer’s proficiency, the complexity level of the topic, as well as the availability of materials needed to perform in-depth research. As a rule, it might take an experienced writer up to 2 or 3 hours to compose a 5-page paper (double-spaced document). Nonetheless, the time frame can differ significantly based on your speed of writing/typing and editing involved.
How many paragraphs are 5 pages?
The number of paragraphs in the 5-page text depends on the following aspects: the writing style, spacing, formatting, etc. However, a rough estimate would be between 15 and 20 paragraphs, assuming an average of 3-4 paragraphs per page. Keep in mind that paragraph length can also contribute to the final count. The point is that longer/shorter paragraphs may result in a lower or higher number respectively.