Usually people tend to have justice and truth on their side in different life situations. But most of them are afraid of giving a strong argument that would show they are right. It is important to give a statement based on true facts referring to the reliable sources. Don’t you find it a bit funny when a person can’t underpin his or her words with concrete facts?
There is a written assignment in which students of any grade, either middle school, high school or college, need to use powerful evidence to convince the audience of their points of view. They are required to write an argumentative essay to let educators know their opinions.
However, writing an argumentative essay causes many difficulties for students, not only for ESL, as they need to:
- to define an original topic;
- to investigate several sides of a topic;
- to collect solid evidence;
- to generate valuable ideas;
- to analyse critically data;
- to put everything in a written form;
- to revise an essay;
- to edit a paper according to the paper requirements.
Frightened of all work you’re supposed to do so that your argumentative essay will look perfect and stand out among the others? Don’t panic as you aren’t alone on Earth who also encounter some difficulties on this way. According to a large-scale survey of 8,400 college students, getting started, defining a topic, and narrowing down a topic are widely spread issues among them.
Indeed, the attempt to start dealing with any essay as early as possible guarantees to win the battle with writing as quickly as possible. However, we all are prone to leave everything until the last minute. The professor of Psychology, Adam Grant, expresses his opinion on procrastination in the New York Times. As he says it isn’t always a vice of productivity. On the contrary, it can be a virtue for creativity.
To save your precious time that you should spend on defining a topic, stick to the motto of the famous philosopher, Montaigne, about whom you can read more at the New Yorker. He always asked himself, “Que sais-je?” that means from French “What do I know?”. You can take into consideration the following relevant facts for good argumentative essay topics. These facts will help you to determine what are of great concern to you.
14 Facts for the Best Argumentative Essay Topics
Let’s plunge into the frequently met study areas in which you can be asked to explore. With the list of the interesting facts, you have more chances of achieving the best results in writing argumentative essays. Besides, below each fact you can find the list of topics on which you can focus in your own argument essay.
1) Millions of wild animals (tigger, reptiles, large felines, nonhuman primates, etc.) are kept as pets in the USA. The annual profits on the trade in exotic animals are multi billion dollars.
- The Risks of Keeping Animals to Human Health and Safety;
- The Pros and Cons of Owning Animals at Home;
- Should Animals Have Any Rights?
2) Gorillas share 98.3% of their genetic code with humans.
- How Closely Are Gorillas Related to Humans?;
- Human-Like Features in Gorillas Behavior;
- What is the Profound Misunderstanding of Human Evolution?
1) The largest school in the world is situated in India, in Lucknow. The City Montessori School has over 32,000 students. The smallest school in the world is in Turin, Italy. The elementary school in the tiny town of Alpette has just one pupil – Sofia Viola.
- Does the Number of Students at School Influence Their Academic Performance?
- What Problems are Often Observed at School Where the Huge Number of Students Studies?
- What Advantages Does a Student Have When He or She Studies Alone at School?
2) Agnes Zhelesnik, who was 102 years old, is considered to be the world’s oldest teacher in the world. The world’s youngest professor is the 14-year-old boy, Yasha Asley, who is teaching at the University of Leicester.
- Who is More Competent in Teaching – Young or Old Teachers?
- The Typical Features of a Good Specialist in Teaching at University.
- Is It Essential to Have Big Job Experience of Working as a Teacher to Be a Skilled Expert?
1) The top ten countries with the best government according to the Legatum Index Government Ranking are Norway, New Zealand, Finland, Switzerland, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Canada, Australia and United Kingdom.
- What Are Contributing Factors in Creating the Best Government?
- The Criteria that Distinguish the Best System of Government;
- Does the Interference in the Local Government Affect the Central Government?
2) The developing countries are most affected by the International Financial Institutions such as the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund.
- The Importance of Financial Help for the Developing Countries;
- The Role of Government in the Developing Countries;
- The Ways to Become a Developed Country.
1) Today the countries of foreign-born population are more diverse than they were 50 years ago.
- The Issues that Are Present in the Ethnically and Racially Diverse Society;
- The Ways of Encouraging Cultural Diversity, not Division;
- The Role of a Community in a Multicultural Society.
2) Immigrants are reported to add an estimated $2 trillion to the US GDP in 2016.
- What Contribution Do Immigrants Make to Economy of a Country Where They Destinate?;
- Are Spendings on the Immigration Programs Higher than Immigrants Can Compensate?;
- What Do Immigrants Bring to a Country of Destination Except Money?
1) According to the WHO’s Ranking of the World’s Health Systems, France keeps their citizens much healthier than the other countries in the world.
- Is the Country’s Economic Status a Determining Factor of an Effective Health Care?;
- The Ways to Assess Health System Performance;
- Is It Possible to Improve Health of Population with Limited Resources?
2) According to the data given by Central Intelligence Agency, the country with the highest life expectancy is Monaco at 89.40 years, and the country with the lowest one is Chad at 50.60 years.
- The Increased Life Expectancy is a Consequence of Improved Medical Care in the Modern Society;
- Nutrition is One of the Factors Determining How Long People Will Live;
- Is the Life Expectancy Related to Proper Medical Care Provided in a Country?
1) According to Pew Research Center, Christianity is currently the world’s largest religion. However, by 2035 the number of Muslims is expected to exceed.
- Is It Right for People to Change a Confession of Faith?;
- Religious Activities Promote Changes in the Society: What Are Their Outcomes;
- The Power of Strong Faith in God in the 21st Century.
2) The chart at Pew Research Center shows that age distribution by religious attendance varies. The most part of those (36%) who attend religious services once or twice a month belongs to the age of 30-49.
- What Factors Influence the Religious Attendance: Age, Gender, Race or Social Status?
- Why It Is Important to Attend Church for Most People in the World?
- Does Everyone who Believe in God Should Attend Religious Services?
1) According to the statistic at GlobalWebIndex.net, people in the age of 16-24 have 8 social media accounts.
- Does Social Media Have Positive or Negative Effects on Interpersonal Communication?
- Does Technology Make People Isolated and Alone?
- Benefits of Using Social Media Sites by Students?
2) As the report “2015 State of Marketing”, 66% of marketers believe social media is essential for business.
- Does Social Media Really Stimulate the Revenue Growth of a Company?
- Is It Worth to Spend More Money on Various Digital Marketing Technologies?
- Can Social Media Negatively Affect the Business Performance?
5 Argumentative Essay Ideas about How to Structure It Properly
- A thesis statement should occur in the first paragraph of an essay. Explain why your topic is important or why readers should care about it. Don’t neglect it as you risk not to meet the requirements of writing an effective essay.
- Introduce powerful evidence to support the thesis. Use some facts, statistics that have been already provided for you in this article), or an anecdote depending on your topic to grab your audience’s attention. Persuade them to read your to the end.
- The body of the essay must have some logical connection to the thesis statement in the opening paragraph. It shows whether your essay is well-researched and examined in depth. Relate directly to the topic instead of arguing round a subject.
- Consider and explain different points of view concerning an essay topic. It is better to discuss conflicting opinions on the topic than to focus on a single one.
- Conclude as if you want to win over readers. It is vital not to include any new information in the end. Just synthesize the key points from the body and discuss what research could be completed in terms of your topic.
After you have an idea how to deal with an argumentative essay, you can begin writing it as you have all essential facts for your own essay. As an alternative, you can take a shortcut by relying on our academic writing services so that you have enough time on sports or listening music. Our academic writers are ready to meet all your paper requirements within a short period of time. Just contact us immediately to see the progress in college paper writing.